Hi there fellows,
I have been messing a couple of days to fix my Amiga2000 Rev4.3.
I had a kickswitch installed (ks102w) that autoboots 2.04, clicking the left mouse button boots 1.3.
Btw only 2.04 was actually working, trying to boot 1.3 even using relokick 1.4
gets to a stuck white screen...
The first thing I did was to swap the rom of the kickswitch with a working one I took from an amiga 500, the white screen was always there.
Then I've tried removing the whole kickswitch and tried with only a 1.3 rom, same white screen.
The only working rom was a 2.04 took from a dead 500+
Then I removed and reseated every chip but still without any luck at all.
Then I had a fantastic idea, since the kickswitch was connected to pin 8 of the ODD CIA, I replaced both CIAs chips and,
BANG! Relokick worked,
so i reconnected the kickswitch to find everything working as it should!






Nessun commento:
Posta un commento