From 500 to Plus

 As you probably saw in the previous post I got an Amiga 500 that I retrobrighted.

That Amiga 500 had problems with apparently random guru meditations...


So as usual I cleaned the board removed every socketed chip and reseated, but that was a "no go" still working just "sometimes". After a long discussion with many amiga experts we comed to the conclusion that the problem was the Fat Agnus and not the memory as I tought as Analyzer+ and Amiga Test Kit succesfully completed every mem test even prolunged ones...

So I ordered the Fat Agnus.


Being an 8372a F.A. and not the usual 8371 I did the1MB Chip Mod as seen in a previous post.
BTW, back on topic, replacing the Agnus helped and the Amiga seemed to be working well, but after some testing it started again to Guru...
I had no clue about what to do... But... I had the idea of testing the computer with a Gotek drive and to my surprise that worked great, so I tried with the floppy drive from my A1200 and boom, working!
So I ordered a new floppy drive! (Still waiting for it!)

BUT

While working on this Amiga I found a perfectly working Amiga 500+ motherboard! And as you may know these are really hard to find because the battery installed usually starts leaking on the board destroying it.

So I did the big step and bought this board along side a 1MB exp. to get full 2MB of CHIPRAM:


Right now i got this board installed and it works great!

About the case, the version I'm rocking has the same badge spot and size of the Plus model, so I decided to buy a badge too:


And this is the machine I use!

Here it is in all it's glorious desk:





So what about the other original board?

Don't worry, I got everything waiting for it to arrive, new floppy drive, new keyboard and new case!

It will be treated with the respect it deserves!


Keep an eye on this blog, I got some "Accelleration Adventures" on my way.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento