Hi there dear reader!
This is the end of the repair journey of this poor miggy 500!
A little flashback, bought an Amiga on eBay, 130€.
The miggy was shooting random gurus and was totally unstable, I tried all the usual fast repairs tests, reseated chips, tried good ones, cleaned etc...
No luck!
Btw I got a Plus board and used that as main amiga 500.
Some days later a friend comed to visit me and I showed him the board, while he was looking at it I was watching it from another angle, and saw that a couple of capacitors were leaked from below! Finally I had a concrete idea on what to do to fix it, recapping!
Here a couple of shots of the caps before replacement:
This ones were obviously leaking:
But I decided to replace even this one:
This is the position of the three caps on the board, circled in red:
Grabbed my solder, here the result:
Plugged everything back but... still guru...
But now the guru appear only with the expansion inserted, it was indeed something!
I tried another expansion, result:
EVERYTHING OK!!!
The next step was to find a keyboard a case and a floppy drive for it!
Went to the local italian amiga's forum and asked if someone had what I was looking for: Case, Keyboard and drive.
Waited a couple of days and found everything, belive me or not but each piece costed me 25€
So for 75€ I had everything I needed.
Pictures time:
The Drive
(It's a PC Sony drive modded for amiga with custom 3d printed supports and button)
The Keyboard:
The case:
NOOOO sad stuff the postal service was able to destroy a 30 year case...
But thanks to my "glue skills":
Final result:
Now it's a great working miggy!
But the journey is not over, I'm fixing my Hardital 68030 Big Bang accellerator!
This thing is going to become a little beast!
Thanks for reading and FOREVER AMIGA










Nessun commento:
Posta un commento