I completed my Accellerated Amiga 500 project!
But I'll talk about it in a later post.
Today we talk about it's power needs... such a powerful amiga needs a proper power supply mainly because the hard drive uses amiga for power without any extra power
The solution is to mod a non working commodore power supply and use a meanwell RT65B that can provide 5v 8A / 12v 3.5A / -12v 1A
The original Amiga's one is 5v 2.5A / 12v 1A / -12 0.1A
As you can see the amperage of this new one is enought for 2 amigas with this configuration xD
Here it is btw:
I did a quick test when it arrived, powered and checked all the outs
Adjusted 5v:
Couples of flaps removed and the screw poles cutted and boom!
Sadly the power button was not fitting so I had to put a spacer, an ugly but functional idea!
Here it is completed:
Ehehhe I know its not looking very clean lol
Maybe in RT65B the "B" stands for bad (looking)
Yes bad, but only the looks cause this beast works very well!
I'll talk about this miggy later, still need to make some little refinements.
Cya :->
Keep that boing ball bouncing!!












Nessun commento:
Posta un commento